Merak? A result of K4B iconic styling applied to the humble touchscreen PC on a pole. Merak is a slimline and elegant pedestal kiosk brought into the modern age incorporating the requirements from a number of markets. In addition, we have integrated printing and scanning features without compromising the dramatic look of the kiosk.
We collaborated with our customers to find a balance with their budget and our feature offering. We believe we have achieved this with Merak, it’s designed to be an affordable, free standing touchscreen kiosk for any self-service solution. Merak’s form is simple and timeless with the use of parallel lines to create an elegant structure with the K4B strong dual tone signature colour scheme branding. The available options also complement the style of the kiosk as if they were meant to be.
In its simplest form, Merak is supplied with a white front plate highlighting the shape whilst providing an excellent area prime for branding or a given message.
Merak is capable of so much, the crisp 21.5″ HD touchscreen promotes its use in many applications including as a check-in kiosk, providing information, POS… Options include a printer and or a 2D code scanner, both can be retrofitted if required. The printer option is capable of printing large roll paper or thicker tickets up to 80mm wide. Black mark sensing is included within the printer, enabling branded or custom ticket lengths and easy format managing.
To help keep your environment clean we have also integrated a bin for easy disposal of waste printed tickets.
The QR code scanner is positioned just below the screen to be clearly seen for easy scanning even at a distance. The scanner reads 2D codes for most customer requirements. Power and Ethernet connections are conveniently positioned at the base of the column hiding unsightly cables from view. Ethernet and Wifi are integrated as standard. Merak can also be fixed to the floor with the use of two bolts to give it a solid anchor.
- Slim elegant design
- Easy to brand
- 21.5″ HD widescreen (1080 x 1920 resolution)
- Multitouch touchscreen
- Windows, Linux or Android based computer
- Both Wifi and Ethernet as standard
- Optional printer and 2d scanner
- Power: 110VAC to 240VAC
- Windows / Linux computer: celeron CPU standard; i3 or i5 CPU available
- Windows / Linux computer: 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD
- Android computer: Android 6.0 OS, A64 1.5GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex proc with 2GB RAM + 8GB EMMC (RK3399 1.8GHz proc available)
- 21.5″ widescreen (16 x 9) HD screen (1080 x 1920 resolution)
- Integrated 2.4GHz Wifi and RJ45 LAN socket.
- 2 x USB sockets
- 10 point PCAP touchscreen – can be used with rubber gloved hands
- -10˚C to +50˚C operating temperature range
- 2D code scanner
- 80mm POS thermal printer for paper, labels and tickets
- Android or Windows